Yes, I Can Hear You Now...

"I AM GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE IF YOU DON'T STOP BEING A DUMBASS!"

Yep.  Good morning Monday.  Good morning angry lady who sits on the other side of my cubical wall.

In all fairness, she is a perfectly delightful lady.  (One of my favorite co-workers, in fact.)  One thing she is not, however, (as ANYONE in our cube farm can attest) is quiet.  She will be the first to admit that she is a loudmouth who cusses like a sailor, and quite possibly the worst cube neighbor in the world to most people... Personally, I love to hear the whacky stuff that comes out of her mouth sometimes, so I'm not looking to move any time soon, but apparently, not everyone shares my affection. 

A few days ago, she came to me with an embarrassed look on her face.  She had just returned from a lunch meeting with a customer that she speaks to on the phone quite frequently - and quite candidly.  As she said, she has been "cussing up a storm," during phone conversations with this guy for months now.  It wasn't until she had lunch with him that she discovered that he is actually a very religious, spiritual fella, who has always been a bit uncomfortable with her foul language. 

As funny a gal as she can be, my extraverted co-worker could have just cost us a customer...or more.  She could have just cost herself a job.  

It is sometimes hard to know where the line between friend and professional aquaintance stands.  It is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to the way you speak to people in the office. 

Talk loud & carry a big stick.
Wait...no.

No comments:

Post a Comment